Education news from Australia and the United Kindgom
- American Independence Day
- Carmella Savale
- Bill Wigglesworth
- The art teacher
- Roger Dellwo
- Did you have an American teacher in the 1970s?
If you were a student in the 1970s, there's a good chance you had a teacher from the US with Australia experiencing a teacher shortage at the time.
- Young highly sceptical of social mobility
Many young adults think your social background gets you further in life than talent, a survey says.
- Ethnic minority academics earn less than white colleagues
BBC analysis shows a 26% ethnic pay gap at some of the UK's best-known universities.
- Oxbridge 'over-recruits from eight schools'
More Oxbridge places go to a handful of private schools than 3,000 state schools put together.
- Grandparents 'key to tackling youth anxiety epidemic'
Childline founder says mental ill health epidemic is partly down to the fragmentation of the family.
- YouTube deletes cheating videos after BBC investigation
Thousands of videos have been taken down by YouTube as a result of a BBC investigation into essay-writing adverts.
- One million children face 'Dickensian poverty'
A children's charity calculates a million children will spend Christmas without adequate food or comfort.
- Girls 'more likely to face loneliness'
About one in 10 young people often feel lonely, with fears that loneliness will be seen as "failing".